Saturday 20 August 2022

Gravity Beer Mug Birthday Cake







This gravity beer mug cake is definitely a perfect gift to surprise someone. Especially for beer lovers, for men, for a birthday or for Father's Day !

I started by baking a chocolate cake following my easy chocolate cake recipe below. I decided to make 6 layers but you can make as may layers as you like. 

https://yummymummyrecipes.blogspot.com/2012/10/carnation-chocolate-fudge-cake.html


As for the frosting, I used a simple buttercream frosting for this cake. For the inside layers I did not add any colouring to the buttercream. However, for the outside frosting I decided to have a "beer-coloured" frosting. I used a combination of brown and yellow gel food colouring to create this tan shade.

To make the beer mug handle, I used white fondant and it tool a few days for the fondant to dry. I would suggest you make the handle for this cake a few days in advance. This will give it time to dry and make it easier to insert onto the side of your cake. Poke in a couple of toothpicks on each side of the handle so that the handle can stand to the side of the cake.

The finishing touches to this beer mug cake is the whipped cream foam! Whipped up some double cream until stiff. Then pipe into a piping bag and make a small hole. Fill the piping bag with the stiff cream & start decorating the top to looks like foam and also some at the side and bottom of the mug.

For the gravity look of the cake, get a wooden dowel and cover the dowel with yellow fondant. Use a scissors, make a small snip along the dowel. Once done balance an empty beer can over the dowel.

I am sure this cake will make a big impression!











No comments: