Saturday 20 August 2022

Barrel of Beer Cake










 Another celebration cake! This cake fit for a 21 years old who likes his drink. I make a vegan chocolate cake as the bucket. I cover a cake board with white fondant. I then use a ruler to marks and press firmly into the fondant making a long-lined groove (to make the floorboard effect). Once the line is drawn, I use the tree bark wood embosser below to make the wood effect looks. Then I use knife to cut some of the lines deeper to make some effect.
                                                   
Once I have completed the wood effect look on the board, I then begin to paint the board. I attached a video link from YouTube that I use to give you some idea how to make the wood effect cake board. My finishing touches to the cake is the so real "ice cubes" which I use clear isomalt. Melt the isomalt in a small pan (be careful as isomalt once melted is very hot) and pour it into a silicone ice cube tray and leave it to set.

No comments: