Wednesday 13 January 2021

Baby Shower Cake

Okay, if you stumble upon this articles I am sure you need a baby shower idea. This cake will set the tone for all the decisions and it offers deliciousness, of course, but it is a decorating element too that adorns the food table. The mum, or guest of honour, expects a cake that is personalised according to what she likes and anything known about the baby. 


I used a half ball pan. You can also use a Pyrex bowl to make the baby's bottom. Make the cake to any flavour of your wish. I baked a chocolate cake for this.

Cover the rump in icing and then white fondant. The baby bottom is on top of an 8 inch round cake. You can bake a gigger round cake if you need to feed more people!

I used the cake scraps from the round cake to make the legs. I carved them to be rounded, then covered the legs in icing and then fresh coloured fondant. I formed the feet out of the fresh coloured fondant and make fondant toes. I then used a knife to make indentions in the feet as wrinkles.

I rolled out some fondant and decorated it for the blanket. then just placed it on top of the rump

It is normal when you are finished to find yourself talking to the little tyke. I couldn't  help myself!!


No comments: