Saturday 13 June 2020

Vegan Fried Egg

When I heard about vegan fried egg, I wonder how cool is that you can make that ? I think it's absolutely fantastic ! Vegan eggs and vegan egg replacement is something that caught me during the lock-down. Vegan, rejoice! Here is the perfect vegan egg recipe that makes for an egg-cellent breakfast addition.
It taste like egg-it's pretty crazy. The main ingredient that gives the eggs flavour is the black salt, Kala Namak. I had google and searched about this amazing stuff. Can't find in my local Asian shop , had to order online. I read a lot about it before I tried it myself and I couldn't believe in my wildest imagination that it would smell and taste as much as eggs as it actually does!

Ingredients:

For the yolk:
  • ¾ cup pumpkin, cut into cube, boiled and drained
  • 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
  • 2 tbsp corn flour
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • ¼ tsp black salt (kala namak)
  • 2 tbsp water
  • ¼ tsp black pepper
  • ¼ tsp turmeric
  • pinch of salt
For the egg white:
  • ¼ cup coconut milk
  • ¼ cup rice flour
  • 1 tbsp water
  • pinch of salt
Method:

Put the pumpkin into a blender together with the rest of the yolk ingredients and blend until smooth. Separately, in another bowl, combine all the egg white ingredients, stirring until there are no clumps.

Heat a small pan on a medium to high heat and add a teaspoon of oil. When the oil is hot, add 2 tablespoon of the egg white mixture in the center of the pan, cover with a lid for 10 seconds. Next ass 1 tablespoon of the egg yolk mixture to the center of the egg white and cover it with a lid again for about 30 second or until the edges are crispy. 

Ready to serve! Enjoy the egg on top of avocado toast, Malaysia Nasi Goreng and the decadent English breakfast. Here you can see I serve it with Malaysia Curry Laksa with fried tempeh.




No comments: