Sunday 25 July 2021

Vegan Wedding Cake


Blimey !!! Taken my cake baking skill to the next level. I make a wedding cake ! My first very own three tiered wedding cake. To top it all it is a vegan wedding cake.  And it was a cuhhh-razy  experience to say the least.

Let's talk about it.  Agree to help a friend out for her wedding cake is what I call adventure. I knew what kind of filling I was going to do, what kind of cake flavour, frosting, etc. Everything was planned out to a T. 

Because I never bake a 12 inch cake before, I decided to do a cake tasting 2 weeks before the wedding. The 12 inch cake was a vegan vanilla sponge, the middle tier was a vegan lemon cake and the top tier was a vegan chocolate cake. After the cake tasting the bride decide to make the middle tier vegan chocolate cake and the top is vegan lemon cake for the wedding day. We decided on semi-naked cake because it's what I am most familiar with. 


hen cake the dreaded dowels. This was the hardest part for me. I purchase the plastic dowels from PME. The location where the dowels stand and how many are required for each tier is a painstaking as you want to make sure that the cake stands throughout the wedding!


After the dowels, it was pretty much smooth sailing. I was nervous about assembling the tiers, but with the help of my friend Gina, it turned out to be pretty simple. We assembled the cake at home and make a marking on the cake board to make sure we get it at the right angel we wanted on the wedding day. We remove the tiers once we are happy with the stacking.




We decided to assembled the cake at the wedding venue. We transport each cake in a box. As our finishing touches are fresh flowers, I manage to cut some from my garden. The top bunch are the pale yellow/orangey roses that I cut from my garden together with the off pink hydrangea. Finish up with some wild flowers from the fields. 

All and all I am super proud of myself !!

No comments: