Monday 16 July 2018

Cactus Chocolate Pot Cake



I have been wanting to make a cake looks like a flower pot for sometime and I thought why not making it for Mother's day with not roses but cactus!!! Keen to try my arty side on making the cactus with fondant and with a bit of paint brush to get the colour effect.


I really enjoy making the cactus flower. I used daisy cutter in different sizes to get the layering of the cactus & I put the flower into a colouring palette to dry the flower up. It's just one of those tiny details livens up this cake.
I crushed about half a bag of Oreo cookies in a food processor to create a "dirt" that fills the pot


Depends on the height you like, I bake a 3 layers chocolate for this pot. The cake itself is tapered toward the bottom. I sandwich the 3 layers chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and also frosted the side of the cake with the chocolate ganache for maximum stability. I then covered the cake with terracotta coloured  fondant which I bought ready mix from Hobbycraft









No comments: