This is best for the summer BBQ. You can make the satay with chicken, pork, beef or even lamb.
- 500g chicken, beef or pork, sliced into 2.5cm pieces and lightly scored to tenderise the meat
Marinade (combine in a bowl):
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder (jintan putih)
- 1 tsp fennel powder (jintan manis)
- 1 tbsp lemon grass (serai), sliced and pounded finely
- 3 thin slices galangal (lengkuas), pounded finely
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp pati santan
Mix meat with marinade and thread meat onto satay sticks or skewers .Allow to stand for more than an hour. For best result, leave it over ight in a fridge. While grilling, brush occasionally with oil.