I love tofu dishes.
- 1 large block firm tofu cut into about 8 pieces
- 6 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1-2 dry chillies, add more if you prefer spicier
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine or sherry
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 cup water
- 3 spring onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the tofu pieces until golden brown. Set aside.
Sauté garlic and chillies until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Then add oyster sauce, light soya sauce, dark soya sauce, Shaoxing, sugar, ground white pepper and water. Mix well and bring to boil.
Return tofu to the pan, reduce heat and simmer until the sauce is reduced by half, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Add the spring onions, mix well and cook for another minute. Turn off heat, transfer to a serving plate and serve with steamed white rice.