Sunday, 16 August 2015
Sunday, 2 August 2015
- 85g butter, plus 40g for the muffin
- 175g Digestive Biscuits, crushed to crumbs
- 400g Light Soft Cheese, 50% Less Fat
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 115g reduced fat crème fraîche
- 1 large egg, plus 1 for the muffin
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 level tsp cornflour
- 125g caster sugar, plus 50g for the muffin
- 115g plain flour
- 2 level tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 100g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3 tbsp milk
Pre-heat the oven to 160C/140C . Grease the inside of a 20cm loose-bottom deep tin and line the base with baking paper.
Melt 85g butter and mix with the biscuit crumbs. Press this mixture into the base of the tin to make an even layer. Chill for 15 minutes.
Put the soft cheese, lemon juice, crème fraîche, 1 egg, vanilla extract, cornflour and 125g caster sugar in a food processor or blender, then blitz until evenly mixed. Or use a hand-held blender. Set aside.
To make the muffin mixture, sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into a large bowl and add the remaining butter. Stir in 50g caster sugar and half the chocolate drops. Add 1 egg and the milk and mix with a fork until just combined – it doesn’t matter if you have a few lumps. Spread evenly over the biscuit base, leaving a small gap at the edge of the tin.
Pour on the cheesecake mixture, then cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate drops over the top and cook for another 40-45 minutes, until the cheese mixture is just set.
Leave to cool, then chill.