- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 cup roasted red onion*
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 shortcut bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tin 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup each roasted potato, roasted carrot and roasted zucchini*
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 100g green beans, trimmed, halved
Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a bowl.
Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add bacon. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until bacon is browned. Add flour and tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in tomato sauce and stock. Bring to the boil. Season with salt and pepper.
Return chicken and any juices to pan. Add potato, carrot, zucchini and vinegar. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add beans. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until beans are just tender. Serve casserole with crusty bread.
* Place the vegetable on prepared trays. Drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast for 40 minutes or until browned and tender. Set aside to cool completely.