Sunday 15 February 2009

Mocha Brownies with Ice Cream & Hot Chocolate Sauce

This is one of my favourite dessert. I have try many places during those days when I was working in KL but my verdict is that Hard Rock Cafe still do the best. Now that I am in UK, I can't find this dessert on Hard Rock Cafe menu in London. Therefore I decided that I need to make myself to kill off my urge of eating this dessert. And guess what. My son is my main rival for this dessert now! This recipe will give you the ingredients for the brownies & also th chocolate sauce. Ingredients for the brownies:
  • 180g unsalted butter
  • 250g dark chocolate, chopped
  • 3/4 cup caster sugar
  • 1 tbsp dry instant coffee
  • 1 tbsp hot water
  • 3 eggs
  • 11/2 cups plain flour

Method:

Preheated oven at 180 degree Celcius. Grease deep 19cm square cake pan, cover base with paper, grease paper.

Melt butter with chocolate in pan over low heat, stir until smooth. Remove from heat, stir in sugar and combined coffee and water, then eggs 1 at a time. Stir in sifted flour and mix well. Pour in the prepared tin. Bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes or until firm; cool in pan. Once cool, cut into a square to your desire size.

Ingredients for the chocolate sauce:

  • 125g dark chocolate, melted
  • 300ml thickened cream
  • 2 tbsp Kahlua
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence

Method:

Place chocolate in a bowl, stir in cream, liqueur and essence. Stir until smooth & well combine.

How to serve:

Place a piece of brownies in a microwave proof plate. Heat on high for 30 second. Pour the chocolate sauce at the side of the brownies & again microwave for another 30 second. Take out from microwave & scope some vanilla ice cream on top of the warm brownies. Decorate with some whipped cream & also some strawberry (if any). Enjoy & eat warm.

No comments: