- 4 pieces of boneless chicken thigh
- 4 tablespoons roasted cashew nuts
- 10 dried red chilies (deseeded and cut into halves)
- 1/2 onion, quartered & open up the petals
- 1/2 carrot, sliced thinly
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 5 slices peeled fresh ginger
- 2 gloves garlic, crushed
- 2 stalk of spring onions, cut into 2 cm
For the chicken marination:
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- 1 teaspoon oil
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
Cut the chicken meat into cubes and marinate with the ingredients above for 30 minutes. Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Heat up a wok with 2 tbsp cooking oil and stir-fry the marinated chicken until they are 3/4 cook. Dish out and set aside.
Clean the wok and add in the remaining 2 tablespoons of cooking oil until it hot. Add in the ginger and garlic and do a quick stir before adding in the dried red chilies. Stir fry the dried red chilies until aromatic and they smell spicy, then add in the chicken meat.
Continue to stir for 2 minutes. Add in the sauce and stir continuously until the chicken meat is nicely coated with the sauce. Add in the onions and carrot. Mix well and add in the roasted cashew nuts & the spring onion.
Dish out and serve hot with steamed white rice.