Loh Bak is normallyserve with 2 type of sauce. A sweet chilly sauce and the other is a sticky starchy sauce call loh, hence the name loh bak where bak means meat.
- 600g lean pork, cut into strips
- 1 pinch five spice powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 egg yolk (separate white to use as paste for skin)
- 3 pcs tau foo pauy (soya skin), cut into 14cm x 14cm
- 3 shallots, chop finelly
- 6 water chestnuts (can be replace with sengkuang), dices into small little cubes
- enough oil for deep fry
Mix pork with the spice, sugar, salt, soya sauce,corn flour, egg yolk, water chestnuts and shallots.
Place the pork on a piece of the soya skin and roll and tuck the skin neatly. Apply some of the egg white at the egg so that the skin will stick to the roll.
Heat the oil and deep fry until brown and cook.