Give your pasta a fiery kick with this quick and easy pasta recipe. Chicken, bacon and asparagus in a spicy tomato sauce makes a delicious mid-week family dinner
- 1 bundle asparagus
- 4-5 chicken thighs, cut into 6 pieces
- 100g smoked pancetta or bacon, cubed
- 3-4 shallots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped or 1 tsp chilli powder to taste
- 1 tbsp rosemary, very finely chopped
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 300g dried spaghetti pasta
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
Trim the ends of the asparagus then chop the spears into 4-5 pieces.
Fry the chicken for 5-6 minutes in a hot pan with some oil then add the pancetta, shallots, garlic, chilli and rosemary and cook over a medium heat for a further 3-4 minutes.
Add the asparagus and chopped tomatoes then simmer for another 3-4 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta to the packets instructions in boiling salted water, drain then add to the sauce, grate over some Parmesan cheese before serving.