- 100g dwarf beans
- 200g cabbage, cut into 5cm squares
- 200g potatoes, skin and cut into large cubes
- 100g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 150g carrots, cut into wedges
- 1 brinjal (aubergine), cut into 1.5" ring & cut into quarter again
- 2 tomatoes, quarter
- 2 green chillies, seed and slit into half
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
Ground spices (combined):
- 11/2 tbsp fish curry powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp belacan (shrimp paste)
- 2 cm pieces galangal
- 4 shallots
- 1 stalk lemon grass, smash
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar or to taste
Heat oil in a pot. Fry the garlic until fragrant. Add onions and fry till soft. Add lemongrass & curry leaves and ground ingredients. Fry until oil separates.
Pour in coconut milk and water and bring to a low boil.
Put in potoes and carrots. Bring to boil for 10 minutes. Add the rest of the vegetables and simmer for about 30 minutes. Add seasoning.
Dish out and serve immediately.