- 600g sweet potatoes (steamed and mashed)
- 10 tablespoons plain flor
- small shrimps for garnishing (with shells and heads on-optional)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 grated coconut (I used whole coconut as coconut that I get here is real small size)
- 1/2 cup of dried shrimps
- 1 garlic
- 3 shallots
- 6 fresh red chillies (or dried red chilies)
- 1 lemon grass (use only the white part)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 5 slices of peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 cumin powder
- 1/4 fennel powder
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Mix the mashed sweet potatoes with flour, sugar, and salt till a soft dough is formed. The dough shouldn’t be too sticky. If too sticky, add more flour to the mixture.
For the filling Soak the dried shrimps in hot water for 15 minutes and then pound them. Set aside. Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil and add in the pounded ingredients plus the pounded dried shrimps. Fry till fragrant.
Add in the grated coconut and mix well. Add in salt and sugar to taste. Set aside and let it cool.
For the wrapping
Dust your hands with some flour and take a bit of dough (about the size of a small ball), flatten it and put the filling in the middle.
Cover the filling and press one small shrimp on top of the dough. Heat oil and fry till golden brown.